So it seems clear the current MG software has a bug, and quite a serious one! Simply put, the charger will not actively wake the car if power is supplied this means the following:
- User plugs car into smart charger
- Charger is off (peak time) so the car goes to sleep as no power is detected
- Smart charger powers on (off peak time)
- Car is still asleep and remains asleep
- User comes to car in the morning and it hasnt charged…grumpy user!
That’s not good and seems like a big oversight from MG. Has this affected you, and would you like to see if it can be fixed by something like OVMS?
UPDATE: The same issue also affects interrupted charges, such as power drop outs. The Car is unable to resume charge without disconnecting/reconnecting the leads.
UPDATE 2: It appears MG/SAIC has released a fix (in record time) see Issues with Car not Waking to Charge