OBD-> ELM-> Torque

Anyone had success with messages like SOC from factory OBD socket via ELM327 BT/wifi adapter or similar in to Torque App …like one on YT from Asia folks?

No, but we know the request you have to send to get it if you look at the sheet. If you can find an app that lets you request specific PIDs then that will work.

@chris Torque Pro has option to create custom PID, so would this be possible via factory OBD then?

1 Like

Certainly is. Check out the OVMS code for PIDs we have found and how to parse them

1 Like

Hi Robert, I see you’ve got the OVMS kit now but did you manage to get a bluetooth OBD to send SoC using custom PID in Torque Pro? That’s pretty much all I need!

Thanks

Matt

1 Like

Hi Matt, I do have OVMS and I also had success in SoC value read via OBD/Arduino Can module. I’ve not tried hard enough with Torque and BT OBD tho. I’ve swapped ZS for MG5 recently so I do have SoC on dash now. Regards.Rob.

@R08 did you manage to get this working? I’m trying to setup Torque Pro at present for my ZS EV…

I’ve never worked with Torque or OBD-II PIDs previously so it took a bit of fiddling but I’ve now got a set of PIDs for Torque Pro which work with my MG ZS EV saved at:

This would not have been possible without the excellent reverse engineering work done by some members of the OVMS community, and the reverse engineered PID list at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cs_8YQVGERspQiPMMY5yFpfLYoyH7UEP30oKzrMk35g in particular.

2 Likes

I have MG5 now so PID map is diff but yeah Torque Pro works ok with ZS

looked in to your PIDs are you sure about A255? should it be A256 as 256 is full value of B +1 when A counts up?

1 Like

@R08 you are absolutely correct. Fixed now!

Thanks!

@R08 do you have a working PID file for MG5?

@Nix i’ve only checked ZS SoH PID on MG5 just to confirm that my OBD module works with MG5.I don’t have exact list of MG5 PIDs.

1 Like

@R08 I would be interested to know which of the ZS EV PIDs work and which ones don’t so that I can name them appropriately.

Also have you seen https://github.com/iternio/ev-obd-pids/blob/main/MG/mg5_data.csv which seems to be MG5 specific?