Welcome new users (and old friends), I thought I would make this pinned post to introduce new users to this forum and our hacking work.
We are a group of interested engineers who want to know more about and learn to control the systems on the MG electric vehicles. Our aims are to both improve the user experience of our cars and to extend the functionality…MG ZS EV app in the UK anyone?
Currently we are working on multiple angles to pull data and control the car including:
- OBD Polling of Vehicle States
- Direct CAN-Bus decoding of vehicle communication
- Hardware hacking of the car
- Developing a telematics unit
- Other OBD interfaces
- …anything else cool to do
A few useful links for people to have:
- MG Owners Facebook Group - Busy community with 1000s of MG owners and soon to be owners
- MG ZS EV OBD Reverse Engineering - Working spreadsheet for decoding OBD data
- MG ZS EV CAN Reverse Engineering - Working spreadsheet for CAN reverse engineering
- Connector and Access Notes - Document showing some findings with a picoscope (to make a breakout lead)
- MG eZS forum OVMS - OVMS specific forum for eZS/ZS EV
- MG EV OVMS GitHub - Link to the team GitHub fork of OVMS
- AndrOBD-MGEV - Team GitHub for an Android Bluetooth App (zero progress)
Please introduce yourself in the Introductions thread,
For the Latest OVMS builds, see the OVMS Builds Thread.
And also join us on Slack for direct support and chats,
Without further ado…lets get hacking!