Recent OHME update v1.19.0

Hi All

I’ve spotted a change in behaviour with OVMS since the most recent OHME cable software update. Now when the OHME cable interrupts the charge OVMS continues to state the vehicle is charging even when it is not. When OHME starts the charge again OVMS just reports the SOC when it was first interrupted. The only way to resolve this is to press the start button on the car. I’ve tested with both the recent Nov and Jan builds and get the same behaviour. OHME still wakes the car fine the fist time it initiates a charge it’s just following it stopping and starting a charge again that the issue occurs.

Anyone else experiencing this and any ideas?

Screen shots from app showing car asleep but status of charging.

Thanks
Ben

Hi Ben, which OVMS version did you flash last? I tried some fixes to annoying notifications last week that might have caught this issue?

Do you have any logging enabled on OVMS? Particularly the mgev module?

Hi Mike

I’ve tried both the Nov and Jan builds. Tested it again this afternoon with the Jan build and had the same issue although on one occasion it reported correctly that the charge had stopped. So appears to be intermittent. I’ll try and get some logs for you. Need to put an SD in first. It’s not a major problem just means that true state of charge showing in app may be incorrect in the morning following a smart charging session. Has only started following the recent OHME update and I know they have been making some tweaks to their software.

Thanks
Ben

Hi @mikeRES

I’ve setup logging to SD and will try and recreate the behaviour tonight. What level of logging should I set? Is Debug or Verbose needed?

Thanks
Ben

Hi

I’ve managed to recreate the issue this evening. Logs attached. 17:08 to 17:16. Started charge with OHME around 17:10, stopped it after 2 mins however OVMS showed car still charging. Pressed start button in car and OVMS updated the status showing charge had stopped.

Thanks

BM log 23_01 17_05to17_15.txt (140.8 KB)

1 Like

Could you please can you set set the logging levels as follows:


(you can ignore the “obd2ecu” and “vehicle” line)

Looking at the log file OVMS appears to have correctly detected and changed all the poll states but the state mode has not been correctly

I think I have spotted the issue in the code, and this latest build should catch it:
http://mafiles.mymgzsev.com:1978/ovms3edge23jan2021.bin

Thanks Mike will update the logging levels and test again with the latest build. :+1:

1 Like

@mikeRES did the trick last night. All appears to be working ok. OVMS showing the charge starting and stopping as it should - thanks

1 Like

Perfect, glad it worked. Thanks for spotting the issue and letting us know with logs.

1 Like